Hit Counter

website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Sunday 18 July 2010

its a dream! and not used in a cliche manner woo


The Dave's review on Inception

Every once in a while a gem of a film comes along and at first I pay little interest till I just make a dive and decide to see it, often not expecting much. Those films that actually surprisingly make you feel glad that you went to see that said film are normally one of the best film experiences you can have , the joy of taking the dive, Inception was one of those films to myself.

I was wary at first the trailer looked ok (more like an apocalyptic film by the trailer) and it was often given a tag line which was 'It is like the Matrix and James Bond' upon hearing those fatefull and scary words they not only raised the bar but lowered my expectation. No one should relate to those films its a dangerous game of playing with fire, but you know what I actually felt I prefered this film to the original Matrix (a contraversial statement I know) allthough the Matrix defined a certain 'you cant believe everything you see feel' and the whole sci-fi modern outlook, it didnt feel it had as much substance as this latest critic raving machine.

The plot seems more fluid in comparison to the matrix and the unique features of the film are well executed and made perfect sense, and allthough it is a long film it wasnt too bogged down by too much unneccessary details. I was a little biased at first, I was a sceptic of any film featuring Leonardo DiCaprio, I certainly wasnt his biggest fan, but hand on heart I felt his performance was actually quite a good standard apart from one scene where he's meant to scream out in sorrow which I will be honest wasn't at all that great in fact that one part spoilt his acting a little. The other cast wasnt too bad but I felt Joseph Gordon-Levitt was acting a little two dimensionally allmost too much like a Neo personality, barely showing much expression in anything, allthough this does add to some light hearted comedic moments.

I was expecting a very complex plot and allthough it is, its soo well executed that its not too hard for the head to get around. The plot itself is incredibly well thought out, its a rare movie that allthough could have been very pretentious, turned out to be a very enjoyable and fluid film. The long length of this film made me at first dread the fact that I may become uncomfortable and fidget, however after watching it, not a second of that time felt wasted, it was a great film and truely has become one of my top five films of all time and you may disagree (your entitled to, it is your opinion) I will still stand by my guns and say this is one of the top in its genre, Christopher Nolan has done well with this film.

I may re-visit this film at a later date and review it more fully but seeing it has only recently been released I felt I shouldn't spoil it and just simply state my opinion and to tell you all to view it and you won't regret it.
Thanks alot Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment