Hit Counter

website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Wednesday 18 August 2010

NXT - Nearing the end of the road.



Author: MrCraiggy.

Let me start by saying that this week's NXT was bittersweet for me, more on that later.

Okay, so this week we have a double elimination. The tension is mounting and we get a repeat of last week's promo slot, giving each rookie a minute to talk on a chosen subject. More of the same really, not much to say aside from Kaval rapping in his big boy voice about the other NXT Rookies. This was amusing.

We then get a surprise announcement that the first elimination is happening straight away, more tension, and it's bye bye Percy Watson. I'm not smiling, honest. No really, I'm not... Okay, maybe a slight smug smirk...

So our first match is McGillicutty VS Zack Ryder. I'm still disappointed that Ryder's just wearing simple trunks as ring attire now. One thing I've noticed recently in wrestling, particularly the WWE, is a resurgance of trunks...
Not a bad match, pretty short, Ryder wins it with his "Rough Ryder" finisher.

We then get a Summerslam recap of the Kane/Mysterio match, but I'm not here to talk about summerslam.

We get a backstage segment with Laycool where Michelle confronts Layla about maybe having a crush on Kaval and then Husky walks by and gives Michelle a line right out of my own book, "Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?" (Have I mentioned I love this guy?) but gets brushed off, poor guy.

We then get another Husky/Kaval rematch. Good match, solid offense on both sides. Kaval gets a busted lip, which is always nice, bit of colour in a match, but not ott *cough*Flair*cough*Hogan*cough*. Kaval wins it with the "Warrior's Way".

Next match, Alex Riley VS Kofi Kingston. Very quick match, Kofi wins it with his "Trouble in Paradise" kick. Not much else to say, too short a match for any real comment.

So we get a spot now of Josh Matthews and Michael Cole being interviewed by Matt Striker about who should win and who should be eliminated. Cole obviously favours Riley and thinks Kaval should be eliminated, making some obscure reference to Susan Boyle. Matthews makes the statement of as much as he usually disagrees with Cole, this time he doesn't, he wants Riley to win and Kaval off.

Elimination time... It saddens me to say farewell to Husky Harris. I'd be more saddened if I didn't have this result spoilt for me (Thanks Rob...) but there goes my favourite to win... Anyway, Cody makes a nice rant about how disgusted he is. Husky and Cody attack Kaval, everyone else joins in to break it up, Kaval hits the Warrior's Way from the top rope to the outside of the ring (Very nicely done) and the show comes to a close. I don't think that this is the last we'll see of Husky though.

So, two more weeks until we have a winner.

This is Mr Craiggy, signing out for Three Guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment